So you wanna be our Sales Manager...
Do you appreciate good design and sharp wit? Are you an outgoing and organized self-starter? Do you enjoy the finer things in life and have hobbies beyond making and sharing Spotify playlists? But do you also love making and sharing Spotify playlists?
If yes then we want you to come work with us!
The Pretty Alright Goods (PAG) Sales Manager will be the creative brain power behind our customer outreach and, more important than anything else, must work to strengthen the connection with our key accounts and wholesale customers as our brand grows. We want an individual who thrives on building customer relationships, and knows how to read the room. The ideal candidate can relate to gift and stationery retailers and buyers and communicate our brand message in a manner that is equal parts engaging and effective. This person is familiar with the ebbs and flows of small business operations and is comfortable connecting the dots between their daily tasks and the larger PAG brand strategy.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Experience with and appreciation for stationery and gift products
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Enthusiasm and passion for doing good work
- Strategic thinking and the ability to tailor goals to their unique audience
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service experience
- Clear and succinct verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create strong working relationships with customers and sales reps
- A pretty alright sense of humor
Are there specific tasks required of this position? Yes. Do we value finding the right personality to fit within our team? Also yes! We want someone who is as comfortable representing our brand at trade shows and communicating product updates to our reps as they are analyzing sales history and setting targets.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk more. Send us your resume and a cover letter detailing why YOU want to work with US and why WE should want to work with YOU. Tell us who you are and why you’re a great fit for this brand! We think cover letters say more about a candidate than resumes. Email them to thematt (at) themattbutler (dot) com.
Experience and Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 to 3 years sales or account management experience preferred.
- Experience in retail and/or gift industry preferred.
- Capacity for heavy travel in January, February, July, and August each year.
- Ability to take constructive feedback and pivot as necessary.
- Experience with CRM software and Quickbooks preferred.
Pretty Alright Goods is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender orientation or expression, marital status or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic under applicable federal or state law.